Re-joining the National Register - Offer extended till 31st December 2012
23 November 2012
Re-joining the National Register – Offer extended till 31st December 2012
The National Register of Public Service Interpreters (NRPSI) has been monitoring the changes occurring in the interpreting profession and NRPSI recognize that it is a difficult time for interpreters. In July 2012, to assist interpreters who came off the Register to rejoin, NRPSI offered an Amnesty Programme.
Due to the successful uptake of this programme and reflecting on the existing economic climate, NRPSI will extend the programme and offer till 31st December 2012.
The programme offer consists of the following:
1) To waive the standard re-instatement fee of £66.50 to interpreters who wish to re-instate their listing on the register (offer ends on 31 December 2012)
2) To consider each case on individual merit if interpreters are currently facing difficulties in supplying the 10 hours proof of PSI work required to renew
3) To review each case if interpreters who have come off the Register for any other reasons wished to rejoin
Note: Standard registration fees applies
Joining the Register will benefit interpreters with:
· A seal of guarantee for quality, competence and accountability in professional interpreting
· A listing on NRPSI’s website, which receives average of 30,000 searches a month by public service organisations and other potential clients
· New business opportunities with the many organisations that use the register to source interpreters
· Being part of a body that exists to safeguard the quality of professional interpreting to the public
· Supporting a forward thinking organisation working to improve recognition and fair treatment of professional interpreters
020 7940 3166.
48 Southwark Street
London, SE1 1UN
NRPSI Line: +44 (0) 20 7940 3166