NRPSI regulates the interpreting profession in the UK. We are an independent, voluntary public interest body and our core role is to ensure that good standards within the profession are consistently maintained for the benefit of the public and interpreters. Read our Annual Review to learn more about the interpreting profession.
Our core duties are:
- Keeping the UK Register of Public Service Interpreters
- Recognising the qualifications needed to become a professional interpreter
- Ensuring that registered interpreters meet our standards for professional conduct and practice
- Investigating complaints about an interpreter’s conduct or competence
- Promote the role of the Regulator and the importance of registration to ensure understanding of added value to the profession and society
NRPSI is a not-for-profit organisation funded entirely by the registration fees that interpreters pay to register and remain on the register.
For all media enquiries, contact Nina Croad, Communications Consultant at Just Bee Comms:
a not-for-profit organisation
Registered in England No. 7585982
Registered Office: Star House, Star Hill, Rochester, Kent ME1 1UX
VAT Reg. No. 112744245
NRPSI is a member of the Professional Associations Research Network.