NRPSI regulates the public service interpreting profession in the UK. We are an independent, voluntary public interest body and our core role is to ensure that good standards within the profession are consistently maintained for the benefit of the public and interpreters. Read our Annual Review to learn more about the interpreting profession.
Our core duties are:
- Keeping the UK Register of Public Service Interpreters
- Recognising the qualifications needed to become a professional public service interpreter
- Ensuring that registered interpreters meet our standards for professional conduct and practice
- Investigating complaints about an interpreter’s conduct or competence
- Promote the role of the Regulator and the importance of registration to ensure understanding of added value to the profession and society
NRPSI is a not-for-profit organisation funded entirely by the registration fees that interpreters pay to register and remain on the register.
Keeping up to date with NRPSI
NRPSI provides a number of regular communications to keep both interpreters and users of interpreter services up-to-date with development at NRPSI, best professional practice and changes in public service approaches to language services:
- Anyone can sign up to receive our general email newsletter by clicking on the ‘My Account’ box above and registering (for free) as a Website User and selecting to receive newsletters.
- NRPSI Registrants receive a monthly newsletter.
- Aspirants receive a dedicated newsletter about obtaining qualifications and becoming registered.
- A LinkedIn Group, reserved for NRPSI Registrants, is dedicated to interpreting ethics.
- We provide items of general interest about the interpreting profession on our LinkedIn company page.
For all media enquiries, contact Nina Croad, Communications Consultant at NEO:
a not-for-profit organisation
Registered in England No. 7585982
Registered Office: Star House, Star Hill, Rochester, Kent ME1 1UX
VAT Reg. No. 112744245
Registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (reference Z2782121)
NRPSI is a member of the Professional Associations Research Network.